The RCC-C code contains all the requirements for the design, fabrication and inspection of nuclear fuel assemblies and the different types of core components (rod cluster control assemblies, burnable poison rod assemblies, primary and secondary source assemblies and thimble plug assemblies).
The design, fabrication and inspection rules defined in RCC-C leverage the results of the research and development work pioneered in France, Europe and worldwide, and which have been successfully used by industry to design and build nuclear fuel assemblies and incorporate the resulting feedback.
The code's scope covers:
- Generalities : definitions, standards, management system and treatment of non-conformities
- Product design aspect for safety justification
- Fabrication aspect :
- requirements about materials used,
- qualification requirements for assemblies,
- qualification requirements for inspection and fabrication processes,
- control methods,
- certification of controllers.
- Situations out of the boiler
The new 2017 English version of the RCC-C is an update of the 2015 edition. The most significant modifications are:
- Creation of a chapter specifying general provisions for customer surveillance,
- Modification of thermocouple calibration conditions for heat treatments,
- Modification of the requirements on the composition in cobalt of small components in alloy 718 and X750,
- Corrosion control test on skeleton weld joints authorized during qualification only provided a continuous monitoring of the process parameters.
Publications included in the paper book single purchase
Publications included in the subscription
- RCC-C 2015 - EN
- RCC-C 2015 - FR
- RCC-C 2005 avec mod 1 - FR
- RCC-C 2005 with add 1 - EN
- RCC-C 2017 - FR
- RCC-C 2017 - EN