Purpose and scope
The RCC-C code contains all the requirements for the design, fabrication and inspection of nuclear fuel assemblies and the different types of core components (rod cluster control assemblies, burnable poison rod assemblies, primary and secondary source assemblies and thimble plug assemblies).
The design, fabrication and inspection rules defined in RCC-C leverage the results of the research and development work pioneered in France, Europe and worldwide, and which have been successfully used by industry to design and build nuclear fuel assemblies and incorporate the resulting feedback.
The code's scope covers:
- Generalities : definitions, standards, management system and treatment of non-conformities
- Product design aspect for safety justification
- Fabrication aspect :
- requirements about materials used,
- qualification requirements for assemblies,
- qualification requirements for inspection and fabrication processes,
- control methods,
- certification of controllers.
- Situations out of the boiler
The new French version of the RCC-C code 2015 operates major structure changes for a better user understanding. Furthermore, the technical content has been enhanced on both design and fabrication aspects.
The English version will be available early 2016.
For more details about RCC-C: About AFCEN / Our codes
Publications included in the subscription
- RCC-C 2005 + add 1 - EN
- RCC-C 2005 + mod 1 - FR
- RCC-C 2015 - FR
- RCC-C 2015 - EN