Purpose and scope
AFCEN's RCC-M code concerns the mechanical components designed and manufactured for pressurised water reactors (PWR).
It applies to pressure equipment in nuclear islands in safety classes 1, 2 and 3, and certain non-pressure components, such as vessel internals, supporting structures for safety class components, storage tanks and containment penetrations.
RCC-M covers the following technical subjects:
- Sizing and design rating.
- Choice of materials and terms of procurement.
- Fabrication and control, including:
- Associated qualification requirements (procedures, welders and operators, etc.).
- Control methods to be implemented.
- Acceptance criteria for detected defects.
- Documentation associated with the different activities covered, and quality assurance.
The design, fabrication and inspection rules defined in RCC-M leverage the results of the research and development work pioneered in France, Europe and worldwide, and which have been successfully used by industry to design and build PWR nuclear islands. AFCEN's rules incorporate the resulting feedback.
An errata in RCC-M appendix ZG edition 2000 addenda 2007 and following editions is available: Errata RCC-M Appendix ZG
To know more about RCC-M
Publications included in the paper book single purchase
Publications included in the subscription
- RCC-M 2016 -EN
- PTAN RCC-M 2016 - 3 -EN
- PTAN RCC-M 2016 - 2 - EN
- RCC-M 2016 - FR
- CRITERIA 2014 RCC-M - FR
- CRITERIA 2014 RCC-M - EN
- PTAN RCC-M 2015 - EN
- PTAN RCC-M 2015 - FR
- PTAN RCC-M 2016 - 1 - FR
- PTAN RCC-M 2016 - 2 - FR
- PTAN RCC-M 2016 - 3 - FR
- PTAN RCC-M 2016 - 4 - FR
- RCC-M 2012 avec mod 1, 2, 3 - FR
- RCC-M 2012 with add 1, 2, 3 - EN
- PTAN RCC-M 2017 - Guide inspectabilité
- RCC-M 2017 - FR
- Errata RCC-M appendix ZG edition 2000 addenda 2007 and following editions