Purpose and scope
AFCEN's RCC-M code concerns the mechanical components designed and manufactured for pressurised water reactors (PWR).
It applies to pressure equipment in nuclear islands in safety classes 1, 2 and 3, and certain non-pressure components, such as vessel internals, supporting structures for safety class components, storage tanks and containment penetrations.
RCC-M covers the following technical subjects:
- Sizing and design rating.
- Choice of materials and terms of procurement.
- Fabrication and control, including:
- Associated qualification requirements (procedures, welders and operators, etc.),
- Control methods to be implemented,
- Acceptance criteria for detected defects.
- Documentation associated with the different activities covered, and quality assurance.
The design, fabrication and inspection rules defined in RCC-M leverage the results of the research and development work pioneered in France, Europe and worldwide, and which have been successfully used by industry to design and build PWR nuclear islands. AFCEN's rules incorporate the resulting feedback..
2016 edition (in French)
The French version of the 2016 edition is available since August 2016. The English version will be published in the fall 2016. It includes more than 110 modification sheets.
The vast majority of these modification sheets were produced after testing the code for conformity with the essential requirements of France’s Nuclear Pressure Equipment Regulation (see dedicated paragraph below).
This edition will also include a host of significant changes, such as: Trends in the fatigue curve for austenitic stainless steels and consideration of environmental effects on the fatigue analysis of those steels in the form of two Probationary Phase Rules (RPP). The introduction of comprehensive quality requirements for fusion welding in accordance with international standard ISO 3834-2, which builds on ISO 9001. The introduction of welding coordination requirements in conformity with ISO 14731 “Welding coordination - tasks and responsibilities”. • The introduction of the new standards for the qualification testing of welders (ISO 9606-1) and welding operators (ISO 14732). The introduction of advanced inspection methods (TOFD and multi-element ultrasonic testing) as an alternative to radiographic examination.
2012 edition, with three addenda in 2013, 2014 and 2015
2007 edition, with three addenda in 2008, 2009 and 2010
For more details about RCC-M
Publications included in the subscription
- RCC-M 2012 + mod 1, 2, 3 - FR
- PTAN RCC-M 2015 Radiation Protection Guide EN
- PTAN RCC-M 2015 Guide de Radioprotection FR
- CRITERIA RCC-M 2014 EN
- CRITERIA RCC-M 2014 FR
- RCC-M 2007 + mod 1, 2, 3 - TOME 1 - FR
- RCC-M 2007 + mod 1, 2, 3 - TOME 2 - FR
- RCC-M 2007 + mod 1, 2, 3 - TOME 3-4-5 - FR
- RCC-M 2007 + add 1, 2, 3 - SECTION 1 - EN
- RCC-M 2007 + add 1, 2, 3 - SECTION 2 - EN
- RCC-M 2007 + add 1, 2, 3 - SECTION 3-4-5 - EN
- RCC-M 2012 + add 1, 2, 3 - EN
- PTAN RCC-M Guide ADR 2016 - FR
- PTAN RCC-M Guide Notice d'instructions 2016 - FR
- PTAN RCC-M 2016 - 3 - FR
- PTAN RCC-M 2016 - 4 - FR
- RCC-M 2016 - FR