CEN Workshop 64
Initiated by AFCEN, CEN Workshop 64 (WS64) is the only active forum in Europe, delivering recommendations on the content of nuclear codes from a panel of European experts working together
- Create a community of European nuclear codes experts
- Allow European operators to use AFCEN codes for their needs (Long Term Operations, spare parts, new reactors) and in their local context
Created in 2011, the CEN WS64 is in its 4th phase which will start in July 2023 and end in mid-2027, its incentives are:
- The results of previous WS64 phases:
- Significant achievement regarding evolution and R&D proposals
- A nucleus of a community around nuclear codes is constituted at European level
- The need of nuclear Energy in Europe, as stressed by the DG energy in Nuclear Illustrative Programme (PINC) issued in 2017
- The fight against global warming and the international context (Ukrainian crisis): nuclear power is a solution because of its low greenhouse gas emissions and of its contribution to energy independence
Open for participation of anyone willing to contribute, all kinds of stakeholders are represented, currently 15 companies participated and 10 countries are represented (Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Sweden, United Kingdom Switzerland, Czech Republic as well as the EC through JRC).
A kick-off meeting (physical presence recommended but remote attendance possible) will be held in June 29, 2023 in Brussels at CEN office. Opened participation but required registration with : Djida LAOUBI.
CEN WS64 contact: Lucien ALLAIS.
Further details about CEN WS64: here.