modification / interpretation
Our documentsare under copyright
These Design and Construction Rules are divided into 5 chapters.
- Chapter 1 describes the organizational requirements to be met when supplying products under a Fuel Contract. It defines the important terms identified in the text by an uppercase first letter.
- Chapter 2 describes the fuel assemblies, core components and their component parts.
- Chapter 3 describes the rules to be followed for analyzing the design of the fuel assemblies and core components to ensure that the latter will meet the safety requirements of the Basic Nuclear Facilities in which they are used.
- Chapter 4 covers the manufacturing of the products. It addresses:
- The properties of the Materials and Parts,
- The associated manufacturing and inspection processes,
- Inspection methods,
- The properties to be inspected for the Materials, Parts or Assemblies.
- Chapter 5 supplies the main steps to be taken regarding fuel handling, transport and storage.
RCC-C 2020 - UKDesign and construction rules for fuel assemblies of PWR nuclear power plants
Let’s take part in codes update
You would like to modify a code, you can send your proposal to the relevant code subcommittee: download and complete the application form, then send the form to the subcommittee email address.
You would like to understand the interpretation of a paragraph of the code: download the application form, enter your question and send the form to the email address of the relevant subcommittee.
You want to benefit the nuclear industry from your feedback as a code user, share your expertise with AFCEN: download and complete the application form, then send it to the email address of the relevant subcommittee.