modification / interpretation
Design and Construction rules for Fuel Assemblies of PWR Nuclear Power Plants
The RCC-C code contains all the requirements for the design, fabrication and inspection of nuclear fuel assemblies and the different types of core components (rod cluster control assemblies, burnable poison rod assemblies, primary and secondary source assemblies and thimble plug assemblies).
The design, fabrication and inspection rules defined in RCC-C leverage the results of the research and development work pioneered in France, Europe and worldwide, and which have been successfully used by industry to design and build nuclear fuel assemblies and incorporate the resulting feedback.
The code's scope covers:
- Generalities : definitions, standards, management system and treatment of non-conformities
- Product design aspect for safety justification
- Fabrication aspect :
- requirements about materials used,
- qualification requirements for assemblies,
- qualification requirements for inspection and fabrication processes,
- control methods,
- certification of controllers.
- Situations out of the boiler
The new 2017 English version of the RCC-C is an update of the 2015 edition. The most significant modifications are:
- Creation of a chapter specifying general provisions for customer surveillance,
- Modification of thermocouple calibration conditions for heat treatments,
- Modification of the requirements on the composition in cobalt of small components in alloy 718 and X750,
- Corrosion control test on skeleton weld joints authorized during qualification only provided a continuous monitoring of the process parameters.
RCC-C 2017 - FRRègles de Conception et de Construction applicables aux Assemblages de Combustible des Centrales Nucléaires REP
Let’s take part in codes update
You would like to modify a code, you can send your proposal to the relevant code subcommittee: download and complete the application form, then send the form to the subcommittee email address.
You would like to understand the interpretation of a paragraph of the code: download the application form, enter your question and send the form to the email address of the relevant subcommittee.
You want to benefit the nuclear industry from your feedback as a code user, share your expertise with AFCEN: download and complete the application form, then send it to the email address of the relevant subcommittee.