Design and construction rules for electrical equipment of nuclear islands
Our documents are under copyright
Purpose and scope
RCC-E describes the rules for designing and building electrical assemblies and I&C systems for pressurised water reactors.
The code was drafted in partnership with industry, engineering firms, manufacturers, building control firms and operators, and represents a collection of best practices in accordance with IAEA requirements.
The code's scope covers:
- Architecture and the associated systems.
- Materials engineering and the qualification procedure for normal and accidental environmental conditions.
- Facility engineering and management of common cause failures (CCFs) (electrical and I&C) and electromagnetic interference.
- Practices for testing and inspecting electrical characteristics.
- Quality assurance requirements supplementing ISO 9001.
Edition available as of January 2015
A new publication "Gap analysis RCC-E 2012-2016" has been issued in July 2017 for RCC-E subscribers.
RCC-E 2012 - ENDesign and construction rules for electrical equipment of nuclear islands
PTAN Gap Analysis RCC-E 2005 - 2012Design and construction rules for electrical equipment of nuclear islands
Let’s take part in codes update
AFCEN codes continuously improve considering experience feedback of code users. Do you have a question about interpretation of one code paragraph ? Do you propose a code modification ? or you simply want to share with the industry your experience feedback ? The floor is yours. You may download the corresponding form, fill it and then send it to the concerned sub committee who provides answer. Our target is to answer 100% of request within a delay no longer than 3 months.