modification / interpretation
Design and construction rules for electrical and I&C systems and equipment
Purpose and scope
RCC-E describes the rules for designing and building electrical assemblies and I&C systems for pressurised water reactors.
The code was drafted in partnership with industry, engineering firms, manufacturers, building control firms and operators, and represents a collection of best practices in accordance with IAEA requirements.
The code's scope covers:
- Architecture and the associated systems.
- Materials engineering and the qualification procedure for normal and accidental environmental conditions.
- Facility engineering and management of common cause failures (CCFs) (electrical and I&C) and electromagnetic interference.
- Practices for testing and inspecting electrical characteristics.
- Quality assurance requirements supplementing ISO 9001.
The 2016 edition is the most recent version, available as of March 2017
A new publication "Gap analysis RCC-E 2012-2016" has been issued in July 2017, avalaible for RCC-E subscribers.
RCC-E 2016 - FRRègles de Conception et de Construction des Systèmes et Matériels Electriques et de Contrôle Commande
PTAN Gap Analysis RCC-E 2012 - 2016Règles de Conception et de Construction des Systèmes et Matériels Electriques et de Contrôle Commande
Let’s take part in codes update
You would like to modify a code, you can send your proposal to the relevant code subcommittee: download and complete the application form, then send the form to the subcommittee email address.
You would like to understand the interpretation of a paragraph of the code: download the application form, enter your question and send the form to the email address of the relevant subcommittee.
You want to benefit the nuclear industry from your feedback as a code user, share your expertise with AFCEN: download and complete the application form, then send it to the email address of the relevant subcommittee.