modification / interpretation
PTAN 2018 Dimensional Reference N1*N2 or N3
Our documentsare under copyright
This guide describes the principles enabling the Manufacturer :
- during the design, to define the so-called “main” dimensions including the dimensions necessary for the respect of the French regulatory requirements (DNRE),
- to define the DNREs (Dimensions Necessary to Respect the Requirements) that are part of the main dimensions and that are taken from:
- the requirements mentioned in Appendix II or III of the ESPN order ,
- radiation protection requirements defined by the professional guide, taking into account the requirements mentioned in Appendix IV of the ESPN order ;
- during the manufacture, to follow a documented process of dimensional inspection and traceability of these main dimensions.
1 NPE level N1* are the pipes of the main primary circuit of nuclear water boilers DN less than or equal to 50 and other category I to III and level N1 piping with DN less or equal to 100 as well as the pressure accesories of the same DN which are connected to them (see article 5. 1.b) of the NPE order ).
 Directive 2014/68/EU of 15 May 2014, on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to the making available on the market of pressure equipment
 The order of 30 December 2015, as amended, relating to nuclear pressure equipment.
PTAN 2018 RDE N1* N2 N3 FRRéférentiel dimensionnel des équipements sous pression nucléaires N1*, N2 ou N3
Let’s take part in codes update
You would like to modify a code, you can send your proposal to the relevant code subcommittee: download and complete the application form, then send the form to the subcommittee email address.
You would like to understand the interpretation of a paragraph of the code: download the application form, enter your question and send the form to the email address of the relevant subcommittee.
You want to benefit the nuclear industry from your feedback as a code user, share your expertise with AFCEN: download and complete the application form, then send it to the email address of the relevant subcommittee.