modification / interpretation
Our documentsare under copyright
The purpose of conventional, general or specific qualification of a process according to RSEM A 4320, A 4330, A 4340 is to explain or demonstrate the ability of a process to comply with the licensee’s requirements when considering a conventional, assumed or proven target defect respectively. Performance is concerned with the following variables:
- Defect detection sensitivity in the specified examination area
- Characterisation, at a threshold that may be different from the detection threshold
In the following:
- “The defect” refers to the defect defined in the specification: conventional, assumed or proven target defect depending on the qualification type
- “Establishing performance data” refers to “expression of performance” for a conventional qualification and “performance demonstration” for a general or specific qualification.
- The area covered and characterisation are not mentioned.
- Establishing sensitivity performance on a conventional “notch-type” reflector is treated in the same way as detection performance.
The purpose of this document is to describe the current methodology used for assembling technical justification material and providing recommendations which may be liable to change. Bibliographical references are provided to back up the technical justification material in the form of annexes.
AFCEN-RS-19-013-A - FRGuide pour la qualification de procédés END par ultrasonsEtablissement des performances
Let’s take part in codes update
You would like to modify a code, you can send your proposal to the relevant code subcommittee: download and complete the application form, then send the form to the subcommittee email address.
You would like to understand the interpretation of a paragraph of the code: download the application form, enter your question and send the form to the email address of the relevant subcommittee.
You want to benefit the nuclear industry from your feedback as a code user, share your expertise with AFCEN: download and complete the application form, then send it to the email address of the relevant subcommittee.