In-Service Inspection Rules for Mechanical Components of PWR Nuclear Islands. Addenda included : n° 1 (2012), n° 2 (2013), n° 3 (2014), n° 4 (2015)
Our documents are under copyright
Purpose and scope
The RSE-M code defines in-service inspection operations.
It applies to pressure equipment used in PWR plants, as well as spare parts for such equipment.
The RSE-M code does not apply to equipment made from materials other than metal.
It is based on the RCC-M code for requirements relating to the design of mechanical components.
Edition available as of 1 January 2015
2010 edition, with addenda in 2012, 2013 and 2014
In particular, the 2010 edition modifies the way in which pressure equipment is divided into different subsections to reflect the new French regulation governing pressure equipment.
The 2010 edition was supplemented by the following three addenda.
- For the section on "Implementation of a maintenance operation", elements were included from the inter-operator professional guide for classifying modifications or repairs to nuclear pressure equipment subject to Appendix 5 of France's ESPN Regulation.
- Additional information on test coupons.
- Further details about pre-service inspections.
- Incorporation of changes to requirements and practices for qualifying NDT applications.
- Further details about fatigue analysis methods.
- Clarification concerning the terms for applying RSE-M: company qualification and use of a test coupon.
- Updating of the zones subject to examination in case of magnetic particle testing.
- Definition of the requirements for qualifying design and modeling tools.
- Further details concerning regulated pressure equipment, including the small lines in the main primary and secondary systems.
- Modification to the standard deviation value to be taken into account for the upper envelope and the predicted upper envelope for embrittlement under the effects of irradiation for monitoring the effects of neutron radiation on the containment vessel materials.
- Integration of tapped screw holes not involved in pressure resistance.
- Description of the maintenance operation file, by identifying the necessary elements according to applicable regulations (Appendix 1.6).
- Revision of the inspection tables and associated figures for RSE-M Class 1 components (Appendix 3.1.1).
- Further details concerning the analytical methods for calculating stress intensity factors and J integral (Appendix 5.4).
RSE-M 2010 + add 1, 2, 3, 4 - ENIn-Service Inspection Rules for Mechanical Components of PWR Nuclear Islands. Addenda included : n° 1 (2012), n° 2 (2013), n° 3 (2014), n° 4 (2015)
Let’s take part in codes update
AFCEN codes continuously improve considering experience feedback of code users. Do you have a question about interpretation of one code paragraph ? Do you propose a code modification ? or you simply want to share with the industry your experience feedback ? The floor is yours. You may download the corresponding form, fill it and then send it to the concerned sub committee who provides answer. Our target is to answer 100% of request within a delay no longer than 3 months.